Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Fun with Color

Today I was in the mind-set to play with color.  The three primaries I started out with were Daniel Smith - Ultramarine Blue, Quin Rose, and Aureolin (Yellow).  Extra colors I used were Sap Green and my three Earth Colors (RS, BS, BU).

Completed in my Moleskine Watercolor Sketchbook using a #5 Kolinsky Round.




 
("Fun with Gourds" was digitally rendered using Wacum Tablet and Electronic Pen - haven't decided just yet how I want to add that on the actual journal page......probably similar as shown here after I practice writing with a brush.)

UPDATE:
Here it is with me using a small brush and paint writing in "Fun with Gourds" going with the idea I played with above with the digital rendering of the words.  It wasn't as difficult as I had convinced myself hand writing with a brush.  I do surprise myself sometimes :-)











No comments: