Thursday, December 5, 2013

Working on Granddaughters' Christmas Card Idea

Both of my granddaughters love my sketching and painting.  They are always flipping through my journals and asking if I would print off their favorites so they have them on hand.

As a personal Christmas card idea to the girls, I worked the following sketches and then a couple in watercolor.

Pencil sketches were sketched in the Generic Sketchbook with a Derwent Light Wash water soluble pencil......used dry and holding where the marks were made with the side of the lead.  Then used the point for the eyes and some light detailing.


Watercolor painting examples were done in the Stillman & Birn Beta journal. 


I haven't quite decided how I want to work their cards.  I may use the birds together as shown below or I might separate and give each girl a different bird.  I might even repaint on individual sheets.........just not sure yet.

Here's one idea using Photoshop Elements to arrange what I have already painted and add wording.  I could use this idea to create a money card :-))


No comments: