Sunday, June 18, 2017

75 Day Challenge - Days 18 - 22

So far this is what I've accomplished with the ink only challenge.  For the most part I am working one each day but I think there's been a day or two that I did something else and just picked up the next day where I left off.  I'm trying to remember to write on each page what pen I'm using as I bounce around and play with various pens.  All worked in the Stillman & Birn Beta


Yesterday was Day 22.  We had a sketchcrawl at Yalaha Bakery in Yalaha, FL and my first sketch there was for the pen and ink challenge.  We sat outside where there was live entertainment by a band called La Grange.

For Day 21 I worked these palms.  One of the things I absolutely love about living in Florida.  There's just something special to me about these trees and I searched online to see their symbolic meanings across the globe and cultures.

For Day 20, Ron sent me some photos he had taken while on their vacation at Cape Hatteras.  One that perked my interest in sketching was this bird's eye view of this building.


Day 19 was practicing with a Micron using various pressure holding the pen and at different angles to achieve the different values in hatch marks.


Day 18 was a quick sketch of one of the ladies in our sketching group.  A week or so ago, Shari and I drove around checking out some places for our group to meet up at.  We took various photos and she happened to be caught in one I was taking atop of a parking garage looking out over roof tops.


No comments: