Tuesday, July 10, 2018

July 1 through July 9 Sketches

These are several pages I've worked in various journals so far in July.  With June being the way it was for our family with two family members in the hospital, I have fallen out of the habit of posting as I work the pages.  Seems all I'm doing anymore is "catching up".  Hopefully I can get back into the routine I had going for a long while.

The first page of spiders was worked in the Fabriano Venezia journal. 

The little bear is one of many miniatures I have here at home.  It's fairly simple sitting on the page as I may use it for a card idea for the grandkids.  This was worked on Stonehenge 90lb paper added to my Fabric Traveler's journal.

The tree (worked in S&B Beta journal)  is what I sketched the other day when I joined two of my friends checking out a place called Crazy Critters.  Their camera club was meeting out there to take pictures of wildlife and also succulents the establishment offers for sale to the public.  While others were standing and walking around, I went back to where the car was parked and sat under a tree in the shade.  It was quite hot and muggy that day and it was getting to me.  I grabbed my sketchbook and a pen I happened to have on me and sketched until my friends returned to the car.

The page of poppies is practice between watercolor pencils and Derwent Colorsoft pencils.   They were worked in a small Stillman & Birn Beta journal. 

The cranes (also in the S&B Beta journal) was practice and comparison of my trying to sketch with a brush only versus using pencil first.  I much rather use pencil first than jumping straight in sketching with a brush and color.......lol. 




        






No comments: