Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Re-visiting Gridding

It took a long time for me to be interested in learning how to use the grid method to capture a subject.  The reason for my lack of interest was the long drawn out process of lightly drawing the grid on my paper and then trying to erase the lines without disturbing the drawing.  I find with digital sketching, I can use the grid method without the grid prep each time and having to erase.  All I have to do is include a pre-made grid layer (1 inch is what I like to work with), work on another layer and then just turn the grid off when done.  A great tool when you want something to be more precise rather than freely executed by eye and hand.

On computer screen I want to sketch on ipad........


Working the sketch......


Process on Ipad using HB and 6B pencil tools......



Ending Results.....


No comments: