Friday, October 2, 2020

Late Night Sketching

Seems like I'm on a streak right now with sketching.  I'm taking advantage while it lasts.

This first one was practicing John's method of drawing birds by first using shapes.  This is not my normal way of working but I like to try different methods from time to time.

The Black Cap is one of my all-time favorites.  Love their chatter!  This was worked during a late-night where I couldn't sleep.  I worked the bird first and then added the rest afterwards just to fill the white space.


This one was worked last night between midnight and 3 a.m.  I have this artificial arrangement sitting on my desk that replicates a live arrangement my husband got me years ago.  I had taken pictures of the live flowers before they wilted and found a bunch of artificial that was nearly perfect at Hobby Lobby.



No comments: