Friday, October 2, 2020

October 2020 Challenge Between Friends

This month was my friend's turn to choose a subject for our monthly challenge.  The challenge involves drawing or painting a mirror up against a background (e.g. a wall) with a light over-head.  We also have to include reflections as our main focal point.

I chose to go with a corner in my bathroom with only some of what's being reflected on the right with more showing in the reflection.  I do not get into all the composition rules or elements of design but instead just try to record what I see without worrying about rules and guidelines.  Sometimes my results might fit the typical rules but it's not because I plan it that way.  

Honestly with this..........I doubt I achieved what my friend was hoping for with regards to the reflections being THE focal point.  Regardless, this was fun to do and quite a challenge with perspective with all the angles involved.  The fancy light fixture above the mirror was tricky so I basically just suggested it without getting too fussy for fear of feeling overwhelmed. 



 

No comments: