Thursday, January 27, 2022

Stages of My First Grown Amaryllis

Our neighbor has amaryllis planted all around the base of his tree in his front yard.  I've sat and admired them for years and the last couple of years, a stalk has been cut for me to put in a vase.

In December last year I decided to try and grow my own.  I have been monitoring the growth stages for drawing purposes.  The family of Amaryllis I purchased through Holland Bulb Company is called Apple Blossom which is basically white with some areas of pink (at least the one I have).  I was late ordering this year but was lucky enough to find these still in stock.  My plan is to replant outdoors later this year.

Procreate:  Charcoal / 2B and 4B Compressed for drawing and Painting / Gouache for blending.



Adding color using layer blend mode...04/01/22






No comments: