Thursday, December 20, 2012

Rockport Texas Near Boat Docks

Not sure how I feel about this one at the moment.  I first started out with the Pilot Prera and Lexington Gray ink.  Then used the Platinum Carbon pen with Black ink.

As I view it, it's difficult to tell the difference between water and land areas.  Plus such a large area to try and cover with ink.  This sketchbook is approx 9 x 12.  Definitely would have been easier with watercolor (or even graphite) but I'm determined to continue on with my ink sketches in this sketchbook I've dedicated to straight pen and ink.

My perspective is off with eye level not being right in relation with distant water and land.  I probably should have only done the land and water area in the foreground and left the back ground off.  Live and learn :-))

Plus side..........another day of sketching - mistakes and all!


4 comments:

larry said...

You're really on a roll with these pen/ink sketches. It's interesting to see the PCB and Lex Gray in the same sketch.

Susan Bronsak said...

I'm seriously trying to keep up with a little something each day. Right now it's the pen and ink.......I'm really enjoying this learning process between papers, pens and ink. Keep fingers crossed for me :-))

larry said...

...Funny how the perspectives of a seasoned artist are different from those of us with less experience. Your "little something every day" is a major sketch in my world :-) Anyways, I'm loving this series and hope you keep those fountain pens in your hands a bit longer.

Susan Bronsak said...

You know what the beauty is in pen or graphite sketching vs painting (at least watercolor)? The ease of working on it off and on picking up as you find a little time or feel like it. This "little something" took me all day (laughing).

I was getting a bit bored by the time I finished this. Think I definitely prefer illustrating little cameos or vignettes rather than a major scene like what I did here.

I'm loving my fountain pens, thanks to you!! :-))