Thursday, December 6, 2012

Rudie Wood Carving Sketch

Rudie is made of wood (no cloth on him.......all carved to look like clothing); and has LED lights as well as the fiber optic lights.  I decided to do a graphite sketch of him using a bit of artistic license not including lights or the skies he was holding.  Instead he's holding cinnamon sticks :-))

I really had trouble with the scarf and even the hat.  Trying to make them both look like cloth but I struggled with the folds.  My brain was saying it should look one way when the wood carving of these said something totally different.  So I was a bit lost when trying to put down on paper.

Stillman & Birn Alpha series sketchbook
Pilot Prera with Lexington Gray ink (used in a few areas just to give a little extra dark)
Derwent 9B graphite pencil


No comments: