Monday, October 8, 2018

Inktober 2018 - Days 6 - 8 Plus Extra

Here are those sketches for Inktober........days 6, 7, and 8.




This one is working in the Fabriano Venezia sketchbook using the Green Fude which I believe is 55 degree angle bent nib.  I find it awkward to handle compared to the Blue which is at a 40 degree angle.



Also worked in the Venezia sketchbook using a Sharpie pen.

I tend to avoid grabbing this sketchbook because of a promise I made not to use pencil before ink (in this particular sketchbook).  No matter how many times, how many challenges I work with straight on pen and ink, I'm still not comfortable doing so.  I guess as a positive..............if I want a more spontaneous and looser look, then leave the pencil out of it..........lol  However, on the negative side of that.......I don't really enjoy the process as I'm on edge the entire time my pen moves across the paper surface........often with shaky fingers that can show in my line work.  When using pencil first, I feel free and more at ease to then grab the ink pen making smoother lines.

Many say the more I do it, the more confident I'll feel.  You'd think after the last several years my challenging myself to pen/ink only, I'd start feeling that confidence.  Hmmmm......not happening yet.


This one is worked on Fabriano Artistico Soft 140 lb paper.  It's one of the gnomes in my fairy garden I recently set up.  The actual figurine holds a sign saying welcome but I chose to change it in my illustration.  And as a change of pace, I used an angular flat for painting rather than a round I normally grab.



No comments: