Saturday, October 20, 2018

Free Fruit for Kids Program

Yesterday my sister shared where her Kroger's grocery store had a fruit display set up offering kids free fruit.  I thought that was a fantastic idea generating my desire to sketch about it.

After some research this morning (after I worked my journal page), I learned that not all Kroger stores participate in this program.  I also learned they are not the only grocery chain to offer this.  Giant Food, Safeway,  Piggly Wiggly, Target and several other chains (I'm not familiar with) also participate in this program but depends on location.

And from various sources I've read, this program looks to have been started sometime back in 2016 with more and more stores popping up joining in with the program since then.

Kudos to all those places who DO offer this for our children!!  :-)




No comments: