Monday, October 15, 2018

Acorns

While out walking Miya yesterday, Terry came across this cluster of acorns he knew I would love for sketching purposes.  Normally you find individuals laying on the ground........sometimes with caps on and sometimes not.  Might get lucky to find two and rarely three together still on a piece of limb; but, this cluster is a true find (for us anyways).

First I sketched using Procreate without color......using hatch marks for the shading.  then thought I would create a few layers of color. 

Technical and Fine Tip pen tools were used.


After I finished the sketch on the Ipad, I decided to work a few more in my journal ...... using the Fabriano Venezia sketchbook. 

Sailor Fude fountain pen and cartridge ink that came with it (water soluble) and ballpoint for shading (top two) plus two more with ink wash and watercolor (no ballpoint).  I held the pen so the nib was upside down.  For me I have better control this way.


2 comments:

Debbie Nolan said...

Great sketches as well as wonderful subject matter. I too enjoy sketching acorns. You were fortunate to be given a cluster...generally I only find the individual ones too. Have a great week.

Susan Bronsak said...

Hi Debbie........I'm so sorry for missing this comment until tonight. Thank you so much!!!

I love found treasures like this and hope this clump remains in tact. I'm keeping as long as it doesn't mold or break up.