Sunday, December 16, 2018

Early Christmas

We have extended family coming in on the 23rd with everyone getting together on the 25th.  Because of that and work schedules, my husband, two sons, and I had our immediate family Christmas dinner and gift exchange last night.

Since I've been on a very restricted diet for months, I splurged and for our little Christmas dinner, we had Firehouse Beef Brisket and Cheese and Steak and Cheese subs :-)  Talk about a treat for me!!  Then topped off with peanut butter fudge and chocolate mint cookies the boys made and brought with them.

After all those carbs from the sub rolls and sugar from the goodies........I was bouncing off the walls last night.  I couldn't sleep so I sat up until around 5 a.m. or so and did some sketching and playing with a few of my new toys.

I worked on the top left sketch while waiting for the boys to get here.  The rest were done through the night until I finally crashed and ready for sleep.


2 comments:

Giddings Art said...

Your sketches are beautiful! I love sketching my pens, pencils and other art supplies. It sounds like you are already having lovely Christmas celebrations! As our family has grown and spread out, we end up doing the same. It makes Christmas last much longer!

Susan Bronsak said...

Yeah.......Christmas comes and goes way too quickly so this is definitely a great way to make it stretch out :-)

Thank you on my sketches.