Friday, December 21, 2018

Hourly 5-Minute Sketch Challenge

Four years ago July, Jean MacKay shared a challenge she worked by sketching something every hour for so many hours she had set for that day.  I worked this challenge timing myself 1 to 5 minutes (tops) for each illustration. 

Worked over four years ago:



New hourly challenge I worked yesterday as an example for a project I hope our FAST group will work at one of our get togethers in the coming year.

I used my new TWSBI Eco pen with DeAtramentis Urban Grey ink in the Fabriano Venezia sketchbook.  My helper who timed me was Alexa.  :-)  For this one, I chose not to worry about adding shadows as I am considering adding color and would prefer to add shadows with watercolor rather than pen and ink.



2 comments:

Ginny Stiles said...

I REALLY like this challenge...I would not want to maybe do it for an hour but I would consider 30 minutes.
And I am going to try to limit myself to 5 minutes per item.
I am teaching a sketching class come the 25th of January and may consider this.
I'll send you one of my hand outs...a progress in the works.

Susan Bronsak said...

Every 30 minutes for a period of time would be great too!!!