Tuesday, August 6, 2019

A Bit of Nature

This first one is from a new Hibiscus we purchased and still sitting in a pot.  We have several type of Hibiscus growing around the house..........from single flower (orange), double (peach), Lion's Tail (peach), and exotic (yellow and red).  This one is a double with very large red flowers.......so large that the weight causes them to hang down from the stem.  They remind me of little ballerinas dancing.

HSFab01 sketchbook / QoR watercolors / Lamy pens with DeAtramentis Document inks - Dark Red and Dark green.

Glad I purchased the color inks for subjects like this.  I like the line work results better than when using black or brown inks.

This next one is from re-visiting photos I've taken.  It's a female Great Crested Flycatcher that came to our feeders last year.....along with her mate.  Haven't seen any Flycatchers this year so I'm very thankful I took the photos when they came around in June of last year.

Stillman and Birn Zeta sketchbook / Pilot VP with Document Urban Grey in / Holbein watercolors


Worked one more in the hand sewn sketchbook of a bunny outside my window where I sit all the time through the day.

DeAtramentis Document Brown ink / Lamy Vista / Holbein watercolors / HSFab01



Update:  Worked on this late at night into morning hours and finished this morning (Aug 7th).  Thought I'd add to this post since it is mentioned on the above page with the bunny.

I can still see the hummingbird in my head that hovered at my window as if looking in and wanted to record that in my journal.  HSFab01 / Lamy Vista with Doc Brown ink / Holbein watercolors.



No comments: