Monday, October 28, 2019

Who is Your Favorite Online Art Supplier?

My top favorite trusted art suppliers:

Fountain Pens / Ink:





Other Art Supplies (in order of ordering preference).  When choosing who to go through, I compare prices first.  Then I look at the minimum dollar amount I have to reach that gives me free shipping.  Another thing I take into consideration is how fast the order is processed and arrives at my doorstep (based on order history).









I used to use Amazon before any other place; but, these days it's difficult knowing if you are purchasing actual name brands or knockoffs.  I've been burnt a few times so I tend to go through these other websites when ordering online.  Might be a little higher priced but at least I feel more confident that I'm getting the real thing. 

As for supporting local businesses, we have a local art supply (DK Art Supplies) that I use occasionally and would love to shop more often; however, for many people, price is a major consideration and often local means much higher prices compared to ordering online.  Those times I do shop locally is when I only need a single item rather quickly or do not have time to wait until I have a large enough order to get free shipping from other sources.  Plus local businesses can only maintain a limited choice of supplies and brands.  DK Art Supplies WILL order anything for you they may not carry; however, if that's the case, it's just easier to order myself.

1 comment:

Giddings Art said...

This is helpful. Thank you! I have never tried Goulet Pen Co. I do love Blick and Jerry's too.