Tuesday, October 1, 2019

October's Challenge Between Friends

This month was my turn to choose the challenge.  I had a couple ideas in mind and last night I finally settled on one.

October's challenge is to choose a hand made / hand crafted item we may have created and sketch it.  Then we had to sketch each component that went into making it......it had to have a minimum of six components.

Years ago I was very active in crafts ...... from beading, to crochet, knitting, wood cutting, to paper crafts.  I chose this paper witch I made for Halloween that is about 25 to 30 years old.  I thought it was fitting for this month :-)

FIbook75x75 / Dip Pen w/G Nib for the paper doll / Lamy Vista for the rest of the sketching.  Document Brown ink used and DS watercolors.

I purposely left off the shadows (for now) as I have other ideas I'd like to use the illustrations for and prefer they not have shadows at this time.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your idea is great. What a neat thing to do. First time coming to your blog. I am trying to learn how to draw and paint with watercolor. Thanks for sharing.

Ginny Stiles said...

What a cool idea. What group is doing this challenge?
I'd love to know what the challenges are so (if I could) I'd follow along.
A once-a-month challenge would be ideal for me!
As I am packing right now it's not a good time for more than Inktober.
But let me know what it will be for November. Where do you post?