Monday, September 30, 2019

Eastern Lubber Grasshopper

I wonder if these are the culprits leaving their mark on our plant leaves ...... probably.  We also have snails that like to dine on our plants that we have to remove from time to time.  Glad our plants are being enjoyed by other than ourselves..........ha ha.

We see more of the larger green and yellow grasshoppers than we do these black ones.  Some of the black grasshoppers have yellow stripes whereas some have more of an orange to red stripe.

FIbook75x75 / DS watercolors / Falcon w/Lexy Grey ink


2 comments:

lee kline said...

Nice observation. Those little black ones are the youth who grow into those giant Lubbers.

Susan Bronsak said...

I did not know that............how cool and thank you for telling me. Although that black one wasn't exactly a "little one"....at least my idea of little....lol I wonder if the stripe changes from yellow to the reddish/orange the more they mature and before they turn green/yellow? I need to do some surfing to read up on this more. I'm intrigued!!!