Monday, September 23, 2019

Nexomon Similar to Pokemon

As we wait for the release of the newest Pokemon game this year, I looked up to see if there was a similar game I could play.

Came across an app for Android and IOS called Nexomon.  It is definitely similar from creatures to moves to the manner in which you catch them.

**Permission granted via email to share my journal entry of game graphics 9/23/2019

The purpose of the game is to catch Nexomon creatures and battling evil Legendary creatures to save the world.  The top evil Nexomon being the Nexolord along with his children.........all but one who didn't side with her father wanting to destroy the human race.

One plays the game until they beat it by destroying evil Legendaries.  Then there's the post game that opens up a basement to the main character's house where there's a lab and ability to warp to a new world called the Netherland.  To play, you had to have your Pokemon go through a rebirth where they are changed back to a Level 5.  I took two for the rebirth and caught the rest once I was able to pass the barrier that didn't allow for regular Nexomon creatures.

And after working through this world, it didn't stop there.  You return to the regular world and you get to catch the Legendary creatures along with what they call minions or wardens by going through all the various places as before until all are caught.   There are a total of fifteen (15) Legendary creatures bringing total count of Nexomon you collect to 309.

I loved playing this game and in fact prefer it over Pokemon in some ways.  The one BIG drawback (for me) is not being able to purchase a guide helping with navigation ........ especially maps.  There are areas I would get lost in and start feeling frustrated because I couldn't find my way out.  In Pokemon you can always find good information online or look things up in a guide that helps.  Plus you can earn moves that help you to leave an area you might be trapped in.

For Nexomon, there are some videos and posts that help but videos take a long time to sit and watch as another individual plays (which can be boring when you just need a simple answer and want to continue playing) or online screen shots often leaving out screens in between one area to the next and not listing the area (cities/towns) the screen shots go to.

Outside of limitations in finding help with navigation, I love the graphics!  Love the humor, although really meant for the older crowd with some of the language used.  I read somewhere you can change that for younger children but I haven't seen where you do that.  If I were to rate the game, I'd give it a 4.5 taking half a point off for lack of documentation and a glitch I found in the game at the end.

The glitch was in the database not giving credit for a Legendary earned and yet you had to earn it in order for the final Legendary to show up.  Plus it was in the box to pull out to be part of your party even though the database didn't show it.

UPDATE:  The glitch worked its way out after closing game and coming back in, so everything is fine.  

Now we wait for the next game (Nexomon 2) to be released, which should be soon :-)


No comments: