Friday, September 6, 2019

Still Following Hurricane Dorian

With the long duration of this hurricane and sitting on pins and needles for days wondering if it was going to come ashore, I was relieved when it didn't and thought I was done following the news. 

As it turns out, I'm still following it because of how close to the Carolina shorelines due to family living up that way in New Bern.

Here's yesterday journal page recording the location.

As of this morning, Dorian has made landfall at the Outer Banks - Hatteris, NC as a Cat 1 at 90 mph and 956 mb.

My family in New Bern was to face the brunt of the storm through the night.  As of 11:06 a.m. this morning, haven't heard from them but chances are they've lost power.  The worst of Dorian, it seems, are the multiple tornadoes brought on by the outer bands since the hurricane is so close to the coastline.  One touched down about 5 to 7 miles from where my family reside yesterday evening.  Have no idea what took place through the night. 


2 comments:

Annie Glacken said...

I hope your family is o.k.

Susan Bronsak said...

Thank you Annie!!! They may still be without power as not too much in the way of communication but my sister-in-law did mark themselves as being safe. I did see that. :-)