Monday, September 2, 2019

Still the Uncertainty

Saturday morning, August 31st and the path of Dorian keeps changing moving more off shore.  Now looks like states further north will now have to prepare for a possible hit.  No matter how much technology, it proves that we still don't have a good handle on predicting mother nature as one might wish or hope.

Just trying to sketch, I chose to go through my photos and picked Venetian Gardens to work a quick graphite sketch.  I chose water soluble graphite pencils for a wash effect and then went over with some watercolor.

I'd consider this more of a large thumbnail sketch.  Not feeling 100%, I'm not really into sketching but thought I would make myself do something while Terry goes to see if he can get the boys generator started.  It was purchased two years ago for the boys (Mark) when they lost power for about a week while living in Ocala.  It was only started once after being put together and has sat all this time.  Travis tried starting it yesterday and it just wouldn't do so.

Zeta sketchbook / Wolf's water soluble graphite 4B / Holbein watercolors

Comparing color to black and white


No comments: