Saturday, September 28, 2019

Bananas in Our Back Yard

When I was out taking photos of the Angel Tulip flowers, I remembered Terry saying we had bananas growing.  I walked over and there were two plants that had bananas.  One with only three and one with sixteen.

These bananas are dwarf in size compared to what you see at the grocery store.........maybe six inches in length.  I have no idea what type they are or what they might be good for.  I know I tried eating one a couple years back but didn't like the taste at all!!  It was nasty!!  We may not know what they are good for but enjoy watching them grow and producing the flower and bananas.

Stonehenge Aqua watercolor paper / Lamy pens with DeAtramentis Document Inks - Brown, Dark Green and Dark Red / Daniel Smith watercolors.



2 comments:

Ginny Stiles said...

OH my gosh. My neighbor in Hawthorne (who has since passed away) grew a banana plant in his yard but it was in a place where I couldn't see it unless I walked over to his yard and so I didn't really notice all the stages of the blooms and fruits. Wow. So interesting. I love this botanical look at them.

Susan Bronsak said...

Thanks, Ginny :-) Being I'm not getting out much these days, it really makes me appreciate just what is right around the corner outside my house. I'm a nature lover anyways.........it fits a recluse like me perfectly......ha ha