Sunday, September 8, 2019

Bringing Out Some of My Pens and Color Charts

Thought I would go through checking on some of my pens to see how they are doing.  If fountain pens, I'm checking to make sure they still have ink flow or if they are dry and in need of cleaning.  Other pens, I'm just working color charts and testing if water soluble.  Just something easy to do without a great deal of thought.  Plus I was in the mood for some ink and wash.

These are using a Shaeffer Calligraphy pen with Italic nib.  It had a cartridge in it that appears to be a brown but not 100% sure.  There's not much ink left in the cartridge making it a little hard to really tell.  When applying water to it, it has a pinkish tone.  After the wash dried, I took a little watercolor to it.

Fabriano Soft paper


Next I worked in the Stillman and Birn Zeta journal using one of my Sailor Fude pens with ink cartridge that came with it.  This ink really bleeds when wet so have to be conservative with the water.  Also noticed dark ink areas dry with a shine....especially noticeable in the palm tree.


Worked in the Stillman and Birn Zeta sketchbook

Left Page:  Shaeffer Calligraphy Pen (as above).

Right Page:  Bayam Bullet Journal Fineliner pens (set of 18)


And this last is a color chart of all my Various Tube Greens.  Didn't realize just how many I had until I worked this chart pulling out all my different brand palettes.


2 comments:

Ginny Stiles said...

I think it would be lovely if you posted your photos larger. They can be enlarged by clicking on them, but I don't think people do it. they skim over the images and therefore miss the best part of your blog. Me included. How lazy is that. But I know I post mine X-large! In your face large.

Susan Bronsak said...

It's a balancing act, actually. Some don't like all the scrolling whereas others either don't think to click to see the larger images or prefer not to do all the clicking. I tend to fall under the former category......LOL. I always click images because if there are several in a post, they line up in the viewer and I just hit my arrow key (or swipe if on the Ipad) to view from left to right or vice versa :-)