Friday, September 20, 2019

Diamine Ink in Zeta Sketchbook

After seeing how the ink behaved on Fabriano Artistico (old stock), I wanted to try it out in the Zeta sketchbook.  Definitely behaves differently and takes a bit of adjusting with amount of water in brush for the wash.  And each ink color behaves differently in how it washes out.  I find the Graphite washes out a little easier than the Tobacco Sunburst.  Part of me wonders if it might also depend on how the dip pen nib moves across the paper surface.  I felt like the nib was somewhat gouging or scoring into the surface of the Zeta paper....like scratching a thin surface film (hard to explain).

In addition, I thought I would experiment using one of the inks and watercolor after the ink was washed out over the surface of the subject and dried. 



No comments: