Tuesday, December 24, 2019

Third Time's a Charm

Getting ready for Christmas and restocking our freezer, Terry made two trips to the grocery store.  First trip was to Winn Dixie (we like their meats better) and second trip to Publix.

Our freezer's drain plug had frozen up causing a build up of ice at the bottom and during the defrost cycle would leak out onto the floor.  We used up all that was in the freezer before turning the unit off to clear the ice and unplug the drain line.

Our grocery list was quite large and one item I needed was my butter spread.  I use something totally different from Terry plus he was baking cookies and needed stick butter as well.  First trip he forgets my butter spread but no biggee.........he can pick it up when he goes to Publix.  Second trip he forgets it again.  He made sure he had his and what he needed for baking so it's not like he wasn't already in the area where mine is located.  Needless to say, by this time, I was feeling a little agitated.  He had to make yet another trip but this time, not only did he get my butter, he also surprised me with this bouquet of flowers.  As he walks through the door, he says "third time's a charm."  Poof..........my agitated state was gone.......ha ha.



Tucked in this arrangement of flowers were four or five rose buds and one in particular called out to me to sketch.  I liked how one petal stuck out further than all the others.

Procreate sketch on a canvas background.


1 comment:

Ginny Stiles said...

Shopping woes! But then a great surprise at the end. Love your sketch.
Am just not getting enthused about online sketching. Sketchbook Skool is all hot on procreate too and we had a demo about it at the Zentangle convo up in the Villages in November.

Maybe someday. I love your work.

Hope Christmas is a delight.
I don't know if you check my blog...but you'll see we were in Savannah on our trip to SC and we had an amazing morning in Savannah.
Beautiful Christmas Eve in Charlotte SC last night. More on that to come.
Merry Christmas luv.