Saturday, March 7, 2020

Cardinal Outside My Window - Moment Sketchers for March

It's only been recent that I learned about a group called Moment Sketchers through Instagram.  They may also be on Facebook but it was a group suggested to me by a friend to check out who's on Instagram.

Each first full weekend of the month, people all over the globe are invited to join in sketching anything they want.  The idea is to sketch the same weekend as a group and hashtag if they wish to.

This is what I did for this weekend........this cardinal sitting on the bend of a pole we hang our hummer feeder on..........hidden on the backside of the shrub that faces the window I sit at.  He may have been there to get out of the wind for all I know as he just sat there for a long time.  It's been rather windy today with some nice gusts.

I could have added more foliage but wanted to keep it rather simple.  Watercolor first and then applied the line-work.  I probably should have done the line-work first so that the ink didn't go down as heavily as it tends to do over watercolor.

Small journal made with Arches 140 lb Coldpress / Lamy pens - Dark Green and Document Brown / DS and OoR watercolors.


No comments: