Thursday, March 12, 2020

Where Do You Like to Sit and Create When at Home?

It used to be I spent all my time in one dedicated location.............the sunroom.  That's back when we had eight people, 5 dogs, and 2 cats all under one roof...a moderate 3 bedroom house.  The large long dining room was split into two rooms partitioned off with cabinets with son and wife on one side and my two granddaughters on the other.  My other two sons shared a room plus Terry and I had our rooms.  It was quite cozy to say the least.

I had art supplies on shelves back in a walk in closet and my office/craft room out in the enclosed sunroom.

When the kiddos were able to get their own places, we had all this space and was able to spread out.  I moved my "office" up to the front in the room considered the dining room with the other half as a small living room.  I was able to bring out the shelves from the closet and place in the sunroom along with another table.  Nice set-up but I tend to stay up front even to sketch and paint. 

I love sitting at the window that looks out front....much more to see than sitting in the sunroom looking out the back that is fenced in.   I found a foyer table just big enough to work on and I find more and more of my daily used art supplies finding their way up with me :-)  I can watch the birds, work on the computer and watch TV without having to move to a separate room.  Plus I have a special chair up front I found I can sit in without agitating the nerve issues I deal with in my legs.

My husband teases me and tells everyone I've taken up 2/3rds of the house (which is probably right........ha ha).

Sunroom that I have access to from the bedroom and what we use as a dining room now.





Office area up front:



Part of the view out front:



Even when the curtains are drawn at night, I tend to work on this little table rather than the larger one on the other side of where I sit.  I have better lighting with a corner light than I do with the overhead light.

The other place I'll sit and work in my journal is sitting back in a rocker / recliner in bedroom with a lapboard.  I normally just use pencil or do the ink line work but I don't mess with watercolor unless in the other two locations mentioned above.

AND.......once in a blue moon, I'll sit out back on the patio and sketch with pencil.  I don't too often because I don't take the Florida heat and humidity well.

I always love seeing what other people do.........how they work and their set-ups.

2 comments:

JillPB said...

This was very interesting to see your work areas. Love the foyer
table setup right in front of the window near the feeders.
Thanks for sharing!

Susan Bronsak said...

Thanks, Jill, so much for your comment :-)