Friday, March 20, 2020

Do You Save Your Blog Posts?

One of the things I do is save all my blog posts.  My blog is an extension to my actual journals where space is limited on a page for various notes and things I want to remember.  It's also a backup to my blogger.

Before I used a site called Blog 2 Book by BookSmith, which is easy to use but limited with format of blog posts and how images show up in the final document.

Last year I decided to manually save each post using Microsoft Word.  It's part of my posting routine now where I create the post on blogger and then copy and save to the word document.  I can then further format font and image size (without any preset sizes).  I keep a word document for each month with all the posts I share here on blogger (some which I create using blogger but do not make public) and once complete, convert a copy to a pdf where I can upload to Ipad or other electronic means.

My files are named with year first and then the month.  I've also been playing with making fancy covers for digital files uploaded to tablets, etc. but also keeping copies with the plain cover providing a choice if I choose to print.

My own personal art books I can share with multiple family members.  One of the reasons I like posting steps of how I went about doing things (when I remember to take photos or scans as I work.)




No comments: