Thursday, August 20, 2020

Illustrated Adjectives Project

 As mentioned in previous posts, I've been playing a game Animal Crossing New Horizons since it came out back in March.  What I'm finding while playing are ideas that come to mind for sketching.  

While the game is definitely fun and relaxing, it can also spur a few other feelings as well, which gave me the idea of coming up with adjectives and illustrating what I associate them with most.

At first I considered this a monthly project between friends but I already have an idea for September and my next month is November.  I couldn't wait so decided to make it a personal project instead.

What I did was choose a minimum of six adjectives that fit with characters and/or objects within the game.  My chosen adjectives are:  Annoying, Cool, Irritating (for me a step up from annoying), Sweet and Adorable, Disgusting, Rude and Arrogant, and Favorite Things.

First I worked the illustrations in my journal and then a write-up within a simple word document, inserting the page scans, explaining each (as numbered on the journal pages).  Taking it further, I wanted to see how it might look worked as a brochure using three columns and inserting the illustrations individually within the description.

What I enjoy about doing these pages from the game is a recording in my journal of what I enjoy, which in this case is playing the game.  This one is particularly is special because of the other family members also playing and the fact we can interact with one another in the game by visiting each other's island.

Worked in journal with Stonehenge Aqua watercolor paper and using the Pilot Kakuno fountain pen with Noodler's #41 Brown ink.

Journal Pages:






**One additional illustration not included above is a Butter Churn.  I worked that by itself on it's own page as an exercise which will be in the next post.  It is, however, included in the brochure shown below on the last page.

Brochure Style with comments/explanations:

On the last page, I have "Added Notes" which I still plan to illustrate and then add to the document.  I could fill several pages with favorite things.  I might also do a few illustrations with Favorite Tasks I enjoy most in the game which #1 is fishing.  UPDATE:  "Added Notes" has been replaced with actual illustrations and explanation.







No comments: