Saturday, August 29, 2020

Miya Drawing Revisited

One of my favorite drawings of our Yorki-poo, Miya, has been nagging at me that something just wasn't right about it.  Today I decided to revisit and make a few changes hoping to capture her likeness better.

Original Drawing and evaluation:

Although this has been the closest I could get with likeness, I was bothered by the shape of her face and eyes.  They were off making this look like another dog.   Face appears too wide and eyes not large enough.  If I look at Miya, her eyes are closer to the size of her nose.  I also felt this lacked shading on one side of her face...making it look kind of flat.


Today's Changes and feelings with results: 

I think with the changes, I have come much closer to her likeness and I like the shading a little better.  I wasn't crazy about all the white in and around the eye that I left in the original drawing and definitely made her eyes too small.  With the changes, I felt I should leave the eyes a little smaller than the nose, keeping in mind the foreshortening with her snout/nose being closer.   

I might re-evaluate this again at a later time but for now I am pleased with the changes.  This definitely looks more like our Miya.





No comments: