Sunday, August 26, 2012

Chimney Pots - United Kingdom

During my visit to the United Kingdom, I was "wowed" by how different the country looks compared to what I've ever seen here in the United States.

Beginning from the descending airplane view taking in the quilted look of the landscape where properties are lined with shrubs to driving around and seeing the stunning castles and cathedrals and thatch roof cottages.  Even transportation is so different with smaller and different shaped vehicles as well as type public transportation system. 

One of the intriguing aspects of buildings that really caught my attention were the chimney pots.  All shapes and sizes as well as the number that might sit on top of some roofs. 



S&B Beta Journal
#8 Round
Daniel Smith:  Bt Sienna, Raw Sienna, Fr Ultram, Paynes Gray
Holbein:  Marine Blue plus Bt Sienna for greens as well as Leaf Green

Dip Pen with FW Acrylic Ink

.


4 comments:

Sandy Sandy Art said...

Very cool and unusual.

Susan Bronsak said...

I could have a field day with the various type of chimney pots I came across!! Just looks so neat!! Thank you for your comment!!

Melody said...

Looks like it could be R 2 D 2's long lost English cousin!
I wonder if it's only we Americans that find the pots so enthralling?

Susan Bronsak said...

Melody......thank you :-) I bet the folks there would think our dwellings and whatnot were neat to them. They see castles and chimney pots all the time. Probably just used to them. I found their roadways to be the most........interesting and nerve racking.....lol. Felt strange sitting on our driver's side and no wheel there. I loved it there and have been three times. I want to go again. So much to see and do!!!