Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Potpourri Angel - Ink and watercolor

I know I'm excited about finishing this sketchbook but it sure wasn't my intention of trying to do so in one night!  I now only have two 2-page spreads remaining before this one is done.

Just one of those nights where I couldn't sleep so I spent the time sketching and painting.  Can't be all bad.........right?

These bring back lots of memories.  I may have to get back into making some of these for new family members.  They were well received years ago when I made them as gifts!

Here are the steps I took to do this illustration:  9B Pencil using mainly the side, dip pen/ink, and then watercolor.

The Handbook - 3.5 x 5.5"
Holbein - RS, Aliz Cr, Cad Red Lt, CobBl, Bt Sienna, Bamboo Grn, Sap Grn, and Ind
#8 Round




.

2 comments:

Sandy Sandy Art said...

Very cute!

Susan Bronsak said...

I have two of these on my shelf and been itching to sketch as a memory type thing in my sketchbook. Finally did it!! Thanks! :-)