Sunday, May 28, 2017

Still Sketching People

There are a couple of us who are wanting to work Brenda Swenson's 75 Day Ink Challenge.  Although I have worked this challenge before, I like the concept of challenging one's self to jump in with pen and ink only.  Although I feel a bit more confident in jumping in with pen, I still hesitate and tend to grab for pencil first.  So I'm thinking to do this again (hoping I can stick with it another 75 days).

Starting out I have chosen to work on people since that's been the main emphasis the last couple of weeks at the Art Center.  A dual challenge for me (ink only and people) as I work on honing my observational skills.  I still don't care to add features on the faces mainly because I'm working so small and never feel I get the features looking as I'd like them in such a tiny space.  My main goal is to get the proportions right and capturing the action (which I need a lot of practice with)..........and to feel confident enough to work faster for when I'm out on location.  I still struggle with the bend in the legs....especially if coming towards me or moving away.

Here are the first three days of the challenge so far.  I'm using a Papermate ballpoint stick pen starting out.  Working in the S&B Beta journal.




1 comment:

Ginny Stiles said...

Hope someday you can coach me a little more on people drawing.