Thursday, April 12, 2018

Today's Sketch Outing

What a gorgeous day today for meeting up sketching together at one of the nearby parks.  There were five of us this time out......Lee, Lyn, Susan, Shari, and myself.

The first page is in the Strathmore Visual Watercolor journal and I actually painted on the spot.  Normally I wait until I get home to mess with the paint.


This second is worked at home in the Fabriano Venezia sketchbook.  I didn't have quite the problem with pigment being grabbed like I did with the woodpecker.  I'm wondering if it's because the woodpecker was painted on the backside of a page whereas this one is the front of a page.  There might be a difference in how each side handles wet.  Anyways.....I prewet all my areas to help give me time to move the pigment around. 



No comments: