Monday, February 15, 2021

Son's Cat - Kiddo

Thought I would attempt Kiddo again hoping to get closer to capturing her likeness.  It's not exact but I'm closer than I've been able to get in prior attempts.

A white cat for me is rather difficult to sketch especially trying to add shadow without taking away from the white.  

Kiddo is a mix of some sort with Siamese.  Her eyes are different from what we're used to seeing in cats with a solid black most of the time versus the diamond slit.  Her tail is black and white like a racoon's tail while the rest of her is pure white except for a few markings on the top of her head and face.

She's always been very high spirited while at the same time a very loving cat.  My son will at times refer to her as being a bit "crazy" due to how she for some reason will tear through the house as if her tail was on fire or some unseen creature chasing her.  And it always seemed like a certain time of the evening when she would do this.

She's 17 years old and has been with us since a kitten ... born August 1, 2004.



UPDATE 02/17/21:  After viewing on screen, there was something nagging at me that just didn't look right.  After studying the results, it hit me the eyes just didn't cut it for me.  I didn't like the hard edges of the pupils and they needed to be enlarged fitting the eye socket better.

Now I'm happier with the results.



2 comments:

LannieK said...

She's beautiful ~ so is your drawing!

Susan Bronsak said...

LannieK.......I sincerely appreciate your comment.....thank you.