Wednesday, February 3, 2021

Monthly Themes 2021 - A Yearly Personal Goal

Finally, I have decided on a few art goals for 2021.  One is to work a monthly theme.  The idea is to create a minimum of three to six illustrations or sketches in my journal that would fit the theme throughout the month.  Unlike a daily challenge, this might be a little easier to accomplish....especially during those down times when the motivation is lacking.

I sat down and listed a page full of theme ideas (so far 19 ideas).  My plan is to have Terry or even ask Alexa to choose a number between 1 and 19 (or how ever many I end up with as I continue adding to the list) and then match the numbered item on my list.  For February, Alexa chose #7 which is Hobbies - Materials/Supplies.

Although I hadn't come up with this until recent, if January had a theme, it would probably be flowers since that was the primary subject I leaned towards sketching after my son gifted me with flowers.

What I like about this particular theme is the wide range it covers providing quite a number of sketching subjects.  

Although I have gone over and above the minimum early in the month, I still have several other hobbies I can sketch about between now and the 28th of February.






6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Susan I love your artwork. It’s creative, great technique.
Love the line and watercolor combination.
Congratulations
Regards,
Susan

Made.by.Fay said...

What a good idea! I am already enjoying seeing your hobby ideas come to life in sketches! It is nice to have a plan and skip the whole deciding what to sketch stage. Thanks for sharing.

Fay

Susan Bronsak said...

Thank you, Susan, on all accounts :-)

Susan Bronsak said...

Thanks, Fay! I hate "floundering" or feeling lost. That's how I felt most of last year. We shall see how things go this year :-)

Paulissa said...

So lovely and I like the idea of monthly themes with a number to complete per month. I'm going to give this a try as Inktober rolls near.

Susan Bronsak said...

Thank you Paulissa! This definitely helps with my own motivation. Good luck. And wow.......can't believe Inktober is just around the corner already!!!