Sunday, January 31, 2021

End of Month Blog Tasks

Years ago I found a site that would save your blog to pdf for free.  It was nice knowing I had a backup that I could pull up on tablets, etc.  The only drawback was how the site saved the posts.  You were stuck with the format the site was setup to save each blog post, which for me wasn't always practical.    

Two years ago I started manually saving each post to a Word document saving all posts by the month.  By doing so I could format images, move them around to save space, etc.  Then after satisfied with the document formatting, I saved to pdf.  

I created a very plain cover sheet for each month followed by the blog posts.

This year I decided to enhance these documents by adding a Table of Contents page, a Contact Sheet of file images that show file names and the newest concept of a monthly illustrations recap sheet.  I can use these pdf files for viewing on tablets or cell phones and have printed.





No comments: