Sunday, January 17, 2021

Capturing the Moment - Sandhill Cranes

While sitting at my desk, movement out of the corner of my eye grabbed my attention.  I looked outside the window and below our bird feeders were two Sandhill Cranes.

I haven't seen them in weeks.....months, actually.....making this a pleasant surprise to see them.  As I sat and watched them, I decided to capture in my journal noting date and the temperature outside.

One had two tags attached to its legs while the other did not.  I often wonder why some are tagged while others are not.  I also wonder how it must feel on them trying to walk around or even fly.


For the gray coloring, I chose to use a Potters Pink and Cerulean Blue mix.  The way the sun hit these birds, some of their body color looked almost white while the rest of their coloring was a light to medium/dark gray.

Worked in the 8x6 Fabriano Journal made by Fay.  TWSBI Eco pen (xFine nib) and Urban Grey ink.

No comments: