Saturday, January 23, 2021

Exercising My New Pen - TWSBI 580ALR

While listening to TV, I sat and sketched a few more flowers from the arrangement my son had sent to me a few days ago.

I chose to use my new pen giving it a good workout and really enjoyed the experience.  With the pen/nib/ink combination along with the paper, I managed to get super light fine lines with ease as well as thicker/darker lines with just a little pressure.  This Fine nib appears to lay down super fine lines like what you would get using an Extra Fine nib but without all the drag or feedback many XFine nibs are known for.   The experience to me was like using a ballpoint pen where you have quite a bit of control with light and dark lines.

TWSBI 580ALR with Lexington Grey ink on old stock of Fabriano Artistico.



No comments: