Saturday, February 20, 2021

Stunned Towhee

We were living in WV at the time out in Farmington after we bought the only other house on the hill where Ron and Cristy lived.  We had a couple of feeders out back and during a certain time of day, birds would by accident fly into the window seeing reflections of trees.

This little guy hit hard and we went out to see if he was OK.  At first he didn't move but we could tell he was still alive.  I checked to see if a wing was broke or if he acted like he broke his neck but didn't appear either was the case.  As I sat out with him on the back porch, he started moving staying in a sitting position.  He moved his head around so I knew his neck was OK.  I stroked the back of his head and neck and then just sat there watching him as he kept a close eye on me.  Finally after about 20 to 30 minutes, I stood up and he flew off.  

Procreate using BJD Standard Inker for the line drawing and the eye.  Used Painting/Watercolor brush tool for the rest of the drawing and Airbrush/Soft for the shadow.  When smudging and erasing, I used the same brush tools as I used for putting down color.

With this one, I worked the line drawing for guidance only.  Decided not to include that layer in the final results as I didn't want a Pen and ink/wash look.





No comments: