Monday, June 14, 2021

Continuing with Monthly Theme - My Diet

Lately I have been craving fruit and fortunately, it's the time of the year when some of our favorites are in season.  

Rainier Cherries are a favorite and they show up in Publix for only a very limited time.  I limit myself to only five a day.  

Another favorite is the Golden Kiss Melon.  It's the sweetest of the cantaloupe type melons.  Then there is the Watermelon and fortunately the season lasts for awhile.  Both of these I weigh in at around 50 gr each a day however, I will eat up to 100 gr of watermelon if that is all we have on hand.

Normally I would get Strawberries about now but we haven't had a lot of luck purchasing sweet strawberries or with any real flavor to them.  We feel we waste money on them more often than not.  This is one fruit I can eat more of when I do get lucky enough to purchase a good batch.

Gala Apples are my go to apple variety and I get them regularly throughout the year.  I only eat a quarter of an apple each day with just a little peanut butter for added flavor.  They are normally an evening snack for me.

Taking notice of the low amounts I eat, I have to watch my sugar and carb intake so rather than do without, I allow myself small quantities just so I don't feel deprived.

And besides zucchini, kale, cauliflower, and broccoli, which I eat regularly, I've been in the mood for tomatoes.  Our favorite being the ones sold still on the vine.  Even though technically tomatoes are considered fruit, I view them as vegetables.  

I like eating sliced tomato in a wrap or between bread with salt and pepper with a little mayo as it mixes wonderfully with the juice making a wonderful dressing.  

Page worked in the handsewn journal made with old stock of Fabriano Hot Press watercolor paper using the TWSBI 580 fountain pen with #41 Brown ink.



2 comments:

Made.by.Fay said...

Susan! This food looks so yummy! Seeing it made my hungry for a tomato sandwich! The other food looks yummy, too. But somehow seeing those tomato slices just brought the taste of a tomato sandwich to mind. Love the sketches.

Susan Bronsak said...

Fay...glad to hear I'm not the only one who likes tomato sandwiches! :-) I mention that to most people and they look at me like I'm strange.....ha ha. Thank you on the sketches.