Tuesday, June 8, 2021

Immature Ruby Red Grapefruit - Digital Drawing

This digital drawing has taken me quite a bit of time as I played trying to decide what to include and what not to include.  I would upload to my computer to analyze on a larger screen and from there would add or remove as I saw fit on my Ipad using Procreate. 

It was originally sketched as seen to include a weed stalk with thorns growing to one side (not showing as I removed it).  Point of view was looking down with only the ground showing and not the fence that stands behind the tree.

Originally the greens I was using were too much the same (to my eyes) so I made some subtle changes for a little variation but trying to stay close to how they truly look.

After I worked the progress sheet (I can refer back to), I made a couple more subtle changes to include adding a hint of a reddish tone to the ground and lightening the front grapefruit just a bit on the right side as I thought the color saturation was too strong hiding some of the texture I wanted to show.

Size of the fruit at this point are larger than a golf ball but smaller than a baseball.  They will continue to grow changing color and be ripe around the end of Fall into Winter.  The longer these stay on the tree, the sweeter they will be.  Once picked, they do not continue to ripen.  





 

No comments: