Saturday, October 26, 2013

Personal Challenge

The idea came from a poll of subject matter for a possible challenge in a group I'm in.  I had chosen shoes because it's one of those subjects that has always overwhelmed me.  I've managed flip flops and clogs but beyond that I couldn't get past all the patterns and shoe laces in other shoes.

I started out with this in pencil and almost gave up as I tried working the top area with the laces.  I found myself losing my place where I was looking at the shoe and trying to capture on paper.  I kept telling myself........try a little more before giving up and the next thing I knew, I had it drawn out.  Went over with pen and ink and then decided to take watercolor to it.  The colors used were Lunar Black, Paynes Gray, and Cerulean Blue.  Came out real close to the actual color of the shoes.

I am so glad I didn't give in to the little voice that kept saying I can't do this.

After I worked the shoes right side up, I just had to do the bottoms.  That was easier :-))

Stillman & Birn Beta journal.





No comments: