Monday, October 7, 2013

Playing with DS Lunar Pigments

Today I've just been in one of those "playful" moods with color.

These are the Daniel Smith Lunar pigments.  Some granulate beautifully while others don't.

All were done with pigment straight from brush to dry paper.


Plus I learned something interesting with these next two pages.  Not sure if this is a definite or if it depends on paper or if just a fluke but if I pre-wet an area with water dropping in the pigments, they do not want to granulate.

The left page is pre-wetting whereas I used a very wet mix straight off the brush for the right page.  I really like how the right illustration granulated.

As I look at the screen I see where I unintentionally ended up with a belly button on the statue on left page :-))




2 comments:

Sandy Sandy Art said...

Cool sketches, Susan. Love the granulation!

Susan Bronsak said...

Thank you Sandy!! I really enjoy using these pigments.......fun to experiment with.