Wednesday, April 3, 2019

April's Challenge Between Friends - Five Senses

This month was my turn coming up with a challenge.  I was playing an Ipad game when this one ad for another app popped up between rounds.  The app that was being advertised was "Calm" with an example when feeling anxious to stop and name 5 things you see, 4 things you hear, 3 things you smell, 2 things you feel, and 1 thing you taste.  I thought............what a cool idea for our next challenge.  (Just goes to show ad popups aren't always bad)

Using a 9 x 12 Stillman & Birn Beta sketchbook, I worked up the grid.  Perfect number of boxes at 2" square to evenly distribute across and down a page for the number of illustrations needed to fulfill the challenge.

Worked in ink first and then added the watercolor.

This layout also fits what several other friends are doing lately with their "smallies" and "littles" as they call them. 

I wouldn't be able to do this too often as it's a major strain on my eyes but was actually a LOT of fun just working on bits and pieces of subject matter to fill a small box. 



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can understand how this would be straining on the eyes but the results are amazing!

Susan Bronsak said...

Thank you :-) I could have worn my jeweler's magnifying glasses but I didn't. If I do something like this again, I definitely will.