Thursday, April 11, 2019

Gift from Neighbor - Rose Bud

Along the property line, our neighbor has several different type rose bushes.  Every now and then, they will cut a flower (in bud stage) and send over to me.

My husband is the social butterfly knowing names and faces of half the subdivision, whereas, I don't get out and about and know very few.  I wave if out and see people but outside of that, I've yet to have a conversation with anyone, including our next door neighbor.  For them to think of me like that is quite the surprise and really very kind.

One of the rose bushes produces very small little roses.  They don't last long at all........even shorter than a larger type rose, which if you're lucky might last two or three days cut.  This one didn't make it 24 hours.

First worked in watercolor with pen and ink added later and then a quick pencil sketch ....... both in the Grumbacher In and Out sketchbook (watercolor). 

I'm really trying hard to like this sketchbook but having trouble doing so.  I like a paper that allows for easy lifting but I have to say that this one goes too far making it difficult to paint on (unless you get your values the first time without having to add layers).  It streaks and lifts the previous layer even with a soft brush and light touch. 



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was a lovely gesture, you represented it beautifully, I’m the social person in our marriage, more so than my husband but since my head injury I do not remember names, I’m lucky I remember my own lol,,but on the upside I’m great remembering voices and faces if I get close enough, beautiful rose!

Giddings Art said...

Your rose is lovely! I have a rose bush very similar to this. I'm like you, I leave it to my husband to get to know everyone on the block. 😊

Susan Bronsak said...

Thank you so much, Laurie and Giddings Art :-)

clipping path service said...

Art must destroy violence, only it can do it. Art holds fast when all else is lost. I like the way you describe all those thinks. And also love your Rose Bud. Next time I will try to do this . I am not a artist. But I love to do it. Your blog is really very good. Good wishes for your. Thanks for sharing your experience and your beautiful paintings. That was a lovely gesture. Waiting for your more blog.

Susan Bronsak said...

Thank you so much, clipping path service, for your lovely and encouraging comment.

http://www.designercountry.com/ said...

That was a lovely gesture, you represented it beautifully, I’m the social person in our marriage, more so than my husband but since my head injury I do not remember names,

Susan Bronsak said...

A sincerely thank you, designercountry :-)