Monday, April 1, 2019

Late Night Sketching

It was one of those nights where I just couldn't sleep.  I was up until about 6:30 a.m. before I finally tried again.

Nothing was on TV that interested me so I worked this pencil drawing of my Orchid where the buds are starting to open. 

This makes year five for this orchid......the first I've ever attempted to grow.  It sits out in the sun room.

Grumbacher (back side) using Mars Lumograph HB pencil and tortillon. 

**Still in the mood to draw rather than paint and mess with color.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It’s beautiful, I know all too well about sleepless nights and I pass my night away the very same way !

Susan Bronsak said...

Thank you, Laurie........appreciate that. And yeah, sketching sure beats feeling frustrated because you can't sleep :-)