Wednesday, April 17, 2019

75 Ink Only Challenge

As mentioned in previous post, I have decided as one of my yearly challenges to work 75 ink only sketches but not necessarily in 75 days.  Some days I feel like working more than one sketch and some days I can't or don't feel like sketching.  OR, I may want to work any given day in another medium.  This will not include the Inktober challenge in October where we sketch in ink for 31 days.

For this challenge, I'm going to use this little 3 x 4 inch sketchbook my dear friend, Shari, gifted me with from her recent trip to Chicago.  With this little book, it looks like my best bet with pen is using either a Micron or Sharpie pen as fountain pen ink will bleed through, I'm afraid.

For the most part, I'll only work quick sketches using a pen and some days I might actually take a little watercolor or color pencil (paper may not take wet medium) to the sketches.  But for me, this challenge should be practicing creating form, texture, and value with ink lines/strokes and not using color to achieve that.







2 comments:

Giddings Art said...

That is a great personal challenge! I love your sketches!

Susan Bronsak said...

I truly appreciate that...............thank you :-)