Sunday, April 11, 2021

Another Rose from Neighbor

Yesterday our neighbor gave Terry Tai dumplings, Tea Eggs he makes, and a cake of some sort made from tea with a cream center.  The cake is green and you can definitely taste the tea.  The cream center is mildly sweet.  

Along with the food, our neighbor's wife cut a rose off their rose bush and gave to Terry to give to me.  These roses have a heavenly scent but do not last long once cut.  I like sketching these roses as this is my way of keeping them alive.

Procreate / Gouache brush tool


As a way of thanking them, I printed off the vase I painted that they gave me last year along with a painting of Bougainvillea that represents a memory of our neighbor's father before passing.  Thomas used to come over and tend to our Bougainvillea training it to climb the Oak tree that was out front.  I used one of the square acrylic photo blocks with the Bougainvillea showing on one side and the vase on the other.

No comments: